What to do during your stay
One of the things we love most about running a hobby farm-stay is getting to share all the animals with you!
We have a variety of farm animals including dexter cows, alpacas, miniature goats, 'miniature' pigs, sheep, ducks, chickens and of course, our beautiful dogs.
All guests are welcome to help us feed them every afternoon - 4pm in the Winter months and 5pm in the Summer months. It’s very fun & interactive and takes about 30 minutes. The kids are welcome to feed, pat and hold our baby animals when we have them. They can also help collect fresh chicken eggs daily!
Animal Farm Tour
Pick your own from the Vegetable Garden
We have a huge organic veggie patch and you are welcome to pick what you like during your stay!
Roast marshmellows around a camp fire
All accommodations have outdoor fire pits and when the weather allows you can have a campfire. We also provide firewood for a small fee.
Explore the region
Blackwattle Farm is a perfect base to explore the gorgeous Sunshine Coast! There really is so much to do around here!
- Enjoy the views of the Famous Glass House Mountains from our very backyard!
- Travel just 5 minutes to find a variety of hiking trails of all different skill level
- Australia Zoo is just 10 minutes away & you receive a 10% off admission when you stay with us!
- Big GoKart track just 15 minutes away
- Half an hour drive to the Sunshine Coast and stunning Hinterlands
- Duck down to the shops in Beerwah Town Center just 5 minutes away
- Enjoy freshwater swimming and waterfalls at Gardeners Falls, Maleny
- Explore the Maleny Botanical Gardens and Bird Park
- Underwater World, Aussie World and Wildlife HQ all within half an hours drive!
- All within 1 hour drive to the big smoke - Brisbane City
We also host small Weddings and Elopements!
Our incredible views of the Glass House Mountains serves as a perfect backdrop for your special day. There are endless picturesque areas around the farm especially at sunset. Please enquire to know more