What to do during your stay
One of the things we love most about running a hobby farm-stay is getting to share all the animals with you!
We have a variety of farm animals including dexter cows, alpacas, miniature goats, 'miniature' pigs, sheep, ducks, chickens and of course, our beautiful dogs.
All guests are welcome to help us feed them every morning at 9am - please let us know if this is something you'd like to join in on so we can organise feeding buckets for everyone. It’s very fun & interactive and takes about 30 minutes. Everyone is welcome to feed, pat and hold our baby animals when we have them.
You can also help collect fresh chicken eggs daily when the girls are laying. We like to keep it fair for everyone and allow 1 delicious egg per person. If available, you're welcome to purchase more from our very own Farm-Gate!
Animal Farm Tour
Pick your own from the Vegetable Garden
We have a huge organic veggie patch available at the farm. Please organise with us if you'd like to harvest some of your own fresh produce during your stay. We can assist with choosing what is ready to eat and will provide guidance as to what everything is/can be used for.
Roast marshmellows around a camp fire
All accommodations have outdoor fire pits and when the weather allows you can have a campfire. We also provide firewood and can help teach / build your fire for a small fee. (Jasper is our fire genius!)
Purchase your own home made goodies from our Farm-Gate
We have recently opened our own little Farm-Gate right here on the property. You can purchase home-made, organic and seasonal items such as jams, honey and extra eggs all through our honesty box system. Take them home as souvenirs or as gifts for loved ones! We love sharing our passions with you!
Explore the region
Blackwattle Farm is a perfect base to explore the gorgeous Sunshine Coast! There really is so much to do around here!
- Enjoy the views of the Famous Glass House Mountains from our very backyard!
- Travel just 5 minutes to find a variety of hiking trails of all different skill level
- Australia Zoo is just 10 minutes away & you receive a 10% off admission when
you stay with us!
- Big Go-Kart track just 15 minutes away
- Half an hour drive to the Sunshine Coast and stunning Hinterlands
- Duck down to the shops in Beerwah Town Center just 5 minutes away
- Enjoy freshwater swimming and waterfalls at Gardeners Falls, Maleny
- Explore the Maleny Botanical Gardens and Bird Park
- Underwater World, Aussie World and Wildlife HQ all within half an hours drive!
- All within 1 hour drive to the big smoke - Brisbane City